If you look at business development as the process of developing the lawyers, accountants, patent and trade mark attorneys. barristers or clerks who make up your practice, firm or Chambers so they are full prepared to meet all of your clients’ requirements, the development of a happy, motivated and well-managed workforce is essential.
Our experienced HR associate can help your law firm, accountancy practice, intellectual property firm or Chambers with every aspect of that development process.
We can provide the HR support to help you remain compliant with current legislation including:
- Reviewing and refreshing your employment contracts and staff handbook
- Reviewing and refreshing your job Descriptions and Performance Contracts
- Reviewing and refreshing your HR policies and procedures to minimise your firm or Chambers’ exposure to the risk of legal action and employment tribunals
- Providing you with on-going updates and ‘alerts’ about changes to employment regulations and the action you may need to take
- Email and telephone advice on any staffing issues
- Face-to-face meetings to discuss any more complex issues, e.g. disciplinary, absence issues or restructures
We can also provide onsite training for those members of your firm who have staff management responsibilities. These courses include:
Managing the people side
Contracts of Employment, HR policies, staff handbooks, how to manage restructures and redundancies, equal opportunity and diversity policies and managing discipline and grievance issues
Fair selection and recruitment
Awareness of employment law including diversity principles, ensuring your recruitment process is fair and consistent, staff selection criteria, how to short-list, interviewing principles and assessment and decision-making
Interview best practice, how to prepare effectively for interviews, how to structure interviews and ask questions that will ensure you get the best candidate and evidence and note-taking
Setting targets that stretch and motivate, how to plan for appraisal meetings, how to give positive and negative feedback and how to handle both high performers and poor performers
Developing awareness of current thinking and good practice in the area of diversity and what you should consider when you are recruiting, promoting, retaining and planning
If you would like to find out more about how we help law firms, accountants and barristers' chambers improve the way they manage their staff, please email us.