What can Mad Men teach us about marketing and BD?
16 Jan 2020
Have you seen Mad Men? I could write a LinkedIn blog everyday of 2020 about this excellent series based around a fictional advertising agency in Manhattan but I won’t … instead I shall highlight 5 business development lessons that shine through in almost every episode:
1. Invest in relationships and the fees will follow and when some doors close, others will open
2. Winning ideas see the situation from the buyer’s perspective not yours
3. In pitches and presentations always demonstrate you see the bigger picture
4. Have one message and present it clearly; too many messages in a pitch creates a lack of clarity and will dilute the impact of your story
5. Your best ideas won’t always come from sitting behind your desk between 9-5 so keep a pen with you at all times so you can jot down those light bulb moments
If you'd like to discuss how you can improve your own approach to marketing and business development please email us today and we can find a time to talk.
Posted by Douglas | 0 Comments